Chinese electric car manufacturer GWM has announced Australian availability and pricing for their new Ora EV (known as the Funky Cat in UK).
As mentioned previously on Ausdroid, the Ora looks kind of like a Mini and while we’ve yet to see it in person and have a test drive, just looking at the pictures it’s good to see a new EV option for Australia that isn’t yet another SUV.
Available with two battery options, a 48kWh battery offering WLTP range of 310km and a 63kWh battery offering WLTP range of 420km.
The brand-new Ora line-up will consist of 3 models: Ora Standard Range, Ora Long Range and Ora GT. The GT model will be available later than the other two Ora models with exact timing still to be confirmed.
Battery size and range, as specified above, is the only difference between the Ora Standard Range and the Ora Long Range. The GT, however, takes different exterior styling cues including exclusive 18-inch GT alloy wheels, exclusive GT bumpers and grille and red brake calipers to set itself apart.
The Ora has 126kW of power and 250Nm of torque and is claimed to be capable of full one pedal driving mode using regenerative braking.
In addition, plenty of safety features have been made standard across the Ora range.
ANCAP Chief Executive Officer, Carla Hoorweg commented:
“Solid performance across the board makes the GWM Ora the only battery-electric powered car in the Small Car segment to hold a five star ANCAP safety rating against the 2020-2022 test criteria”.
Features of the Ora Standard Range and Ora Long Range are:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED lights with Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
- 10.25-inch full colour instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch multimedia touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless charging
- Leatherette seats
- 6-way electric driver’s seat
- 4-way electric passenger’s seat
- Automatic anti-glare rear-view mirror
- Heated, power-adjustable door mirrors
- 360 degree around-view camera
- Rear parking sensors
- 7 SRS Airbags
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with pedestrian, cyclist & crossing detection
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Blind Spot Detection + Lane Change Assist
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Lane Centre Keeping (LCK)
- Emergency Lane Keep (ELK)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear Collision Warning (RCW)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Camera-based driver drowsiness detection
GT adds the following features:
- 18-inch GT alloy wheels
- GT exclusive bumpers and grille
- Electric handsfree tailgate
- Panoramic sunroof
- Red brake calipers
- 6-way electric driver’s seat with memory
- Heated steering wheel
- Automatic parking
Pricing: State-based Driveaway pricing is as follows:
Ora will be available in a choice of five exterior two-tone colours: Hamilton White, Sun Black, Glacier Blue, Mars Red and Aurora Green. With the exception of Hamilton White, all exterior metallic paint colours are priced at $595.
The new Ora, like all GWM vehicles, is backed by a 7-year / unlimited km warranty, 5-years roadside assistance and 5-years Capped Price Servicing. The battery receives coverage for 8-years.
If you’re interested in seeing a video review check out the UK standard range model analysis below by the Fully Charged Show: